Mandy Ruckman is a Licensed Master Social Worker and graduate of Columbia University School of Social Work. She holds a Master of Social Work degree in Advanced Clinical Practice, with a specialization in Health, Mental Health, and Disabilities, a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Development and Family Sciences, and an Associate of Technical Arts Paralegal degree. Additionally, Mandy has prior experience in suicide and crisis intervention and has worked in the criminal legal system, supporting survivors of domestic violence, sexually violent crimes, and the loved ones of homicide victims.
Mandy is a dedicated and compassionate clinician who wholeheartedly believes in the inherent worth of each individual and their innate capacity to heal and to thrive. She employs a trauma-trained, strengths-based holistic approach in her practice, and provides person-centered and evidence-based mental health therapy to individuals, couples, and groups.
Mandy is LGBTQ+ affirming and is experienced in treating depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder, prolonged grief disorder, complex trauma, and posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Columbia University School of Social Work in Advance Clinical Practice
- Oregon State University, BS in Human Development and Family Sciences
- South Puget Sound CC, ATA Paralegal
- Motivational Interviewing
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Family Systems Theory
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy